Inflation

Having suffered the indignity of having to think up a number of quartets, I now learn that Gabriele has tagged me with something even more onerous - fives.

Ah well, I guess the writing will have to wait another ten minutes or so.

What were you doing ten years ago?

Something remarkably similar to what I'm doing now, only with fewer sheep.

What were you doing one year ago?

Getting ready for a skiing trip to Canada
Five Snacks you enjoy:

Thai Lemon Chilli Prawns (see the foursome meme)
I don't really do snacks

Five Songs to which you know all the lyrics:

Monty Python: The Lumberjack Song (doesn't everyone?)
Tori Amos: Mr Zebra (it's very short)
The Arrogant Worms: Carrot Juice is Murder (now all I have to do is learn the guitar part)
Robyn Hitchcock: My Favourite Buildings (are all falling down)
The Jazz Butcher: Down The Drain (I wish I'd been born in a bar)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

Have a lie-in
Go skiing in Alberta and British Columbia
Emigrate to New Zealand
Give up the day job (no, not that one)
Erm, a million's not really all that much these days. I think I've spent it already.

Five bad habits:

Procrastination
Laziness
Buying things I don't really need
Making rash promises
Watching too much television

Five things you like doing:

Sleeping
Travelling
Eating fine food
Drinking fine wine
Reading
Five things you would never wear or buy again:

Flared Nylon Trousers (so horrible they have to be capitalised)
Striped 'City Boy' Shirts (likewise)
After-shave (or any kind of artificial odour for that matter)
Y-fronts
'Piss-catcher' moccasins

Five favourite toys:

JulieD
The other one (OK, so I'm an alfisti, I can't help it)
Trek Y3 Mountain Bike
Ipod Mini
Ovation roundback acoustic/electric guitar
Five People I'm tagging:

I wouldn't do four, what makes you think I'll do five? Is it bad luck to break the chain, like those emails that say your manhood will drop off if you don't forward the message to ten people who, until then, were your best friends?

You want to play, go play. I'm not going to pester you.





Comments

Popular Posts