Good intentions

I meant to post yesterday, honest.

Only I was sidetracked all afternoon with a bit of DIY. The Horse Doctor wanted to rearrange the living room, which is difficult given its diminutive size and the stupid design and placement of the fire. So it was Captain Bodge carpentry all day long. Then, just when that was all finished and the tools almost put away, our neighbours called to ask if we wanted tickets for Harry Potter.

It was only after they'd rung off that it occurred to me why they were offering the tickets. I called them back and, yes, their babysitter had cried off sick at the last minute. They'd never even considered asking us to babysit (they know us too well), but kind-hearted fellow that I am, I suggested that if Callum was already in bed, and all we had to do was be there in case anything happened, we'd happily go up to their place for the evening and watch sky movies.

So that's what we did, taking our supper with us, since we hadn't eaten by then. We watched a truly abysmal movie called Alien Siege, which reminds me why it is I enjoy not paying Mr Murdoch £40 a month. All the other channels were showing things I'd already seen before (some of them on Sky movies back when we used to have it a year ago).

Young Callum coughed a couple of times, but otherwise troubled us not, and we got home just after midnight. I'd left my computer running - everything happened at the last minute and I forgot to switch it off. I could have posted something in the early hours, but I'd missed the Saturday blog by then anyway.

So if you came here yesterday looking for enlightenment, I'm sorry. I was off giving my karma a recharge. Here's a picture to make up for it.

no dogs in the rainforest

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Naughty. But then, I missed a day last week too...
Stuart MacBride said…
I see from the pic that dashunts are specifically forbidden. Good job too.

Popular Posts