It's most odd

The way Blogger won't let me in.

This afternoon, for instance. I switched on the computer, checked a few emails and saw that Mr Stuart had noticed a typo in my last entry. Checking it, I soon enough found the mistake and added a comment to that effect. Then I tried to go to Halfhead to see what the good writist is up to these days, only for Blogger to decide it doesn't want to play anymore. In fact none of the blogspot blogs that I have bookmarked will load right now.

But I can get into the backstage area to write this post.

I'm using Firefox version 1.0.7 on a Windows XP PC. I've tried using IE6, and sometimes that will let me in, but not today. My ISP seems to be working - I can get to google and the various work related sites I normally don't even think about looking at on a Saturday. But Blogger just doesn't want to play.

This is very frustrating. It let me in first thing, now it won't. If I try again in half an hour's time it will probably work for a few minutes. The it will stop again (this usually happens just after I've typed a pithy comment, but before it's loaded. Then by the time it actually appears, someone else has made that same remark, or something similar, and I look like an idiot. It doensn't matter that I am an idiot - I don't like being made to look like one when it's not my fault.)

My latest theory is that it may be something to do with the connections my ISP uses to the old interweb out there. I suspect that Blogger attracts so much traffic it has to delay or refuse requests at times, and that whatever connection my ISP is using is a low-priority one that gets knocked off the list first. Unfortunately the only way to test that theory is to change ISP and I don't really need that hassle or expense.

In the meantime, you'll just have to forgive my apparent rudeness at not commenting on your wonderful and erudite postings, and for occasionally appearing to be a complete fool.

You'll have to decide for yourselves when that's my fault and when it's Bloggers.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Well James, I tried a few times to post my latest post. It appeared in my file - I could go edit it.

Just didn't appear on my blog.

So I copied the text, deleted the message, created a new message, pasted the text, published again...

and nothing.

Third time's a charm? I think its there now. I could see it, anyway.

But blogger has to be allowed momentary lapses. Its free, after all, and deals with loads of posts daily.

Popular Posts