Distractions are so easy to find...

For instance, I found this one over at Paperback Writer, and she didn't even tag anyone.

Paperback Writer: Memed

Last Book Read: Thud! by Terry Pratchett (also, Where's my Cow?), if you don't count the Nth reread of Benfro book two.

Last Live Music Show Seen: Julian Cope at the Aberystwyth Arts Centre, back in 2002. Ceredigion's not a great cultural hotspot.

Last CD Purchased: Kate Bush - Aerial. Who'd have thought washing machines would make such good lyric material?

Last thing cooked: Scrambled eggs on toast for lunch today (a surplus of eggs is always a good thing).

Last New Thing Eaten: I had to think about this one. It was probably the dragon fruit I had for breakfast in the Trader's Hotel in Singapore. It was truly revolting, btw.

Last New Thing Eaten at Home: Goose Risotto, made with leftover goose, frozen peas and stock from the carcass. Christmas was never this good.

Last Thing Bought: assuming this means for myself, see Kate Bush above. Otherwise Alastair Reynold's book Century Rain.

Last Gift Received: A book token from my Godmother for Christmas. It's been a very long time since I was confirmed, but she still sends me a present for every birthday and Christmas.

Last Piece of Clothing Bought Or Received as a Gift: A plain white cotton short-sleeved shirt, from Tamblin Mall in Singapore - I needed something smart so I could get into Raffles.

Last Embarrassing Experience: Being caught taking a photograph of the urinals in the Christchurch Art Centre.

Last Totally New Experience: Finding a grey hair in my beard?

Last Foreign Country Visited, if any: Does England count? If not, then Singapore. 2005 was a good year for foreign travel. Its like will not be seen again for awhile.

Last New Bird Seen (substitute an enthusiasm of your own if not a birder): Well, I'm not a birder, but I was very excited to see New Zealand Fiordland Penguins in the wild, even if I had to travel halfway around the world to see them. In fact, New Zealand was a non-birder's bird-watching paradise. Kiwis, Keas, Tekapos, Pekahes and many others I never did identify. All of them much more interesting than the shitty brown birds* we get around here.

Last Big Achievement: Getting an agent. No contest.

Like PBW, I'm not going to tag anyone with this. Feel free to fill in your own if you've got nothing better to do. Or if you've got something better to do and need an excuse not to do it.

*This is a proper species. Latin name Avis fulvus robur common throughout the British Isles and renowned for nothing much at all.


Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Hey, if you're looking for distractions, you should try to find all the places Stuart's zinged you today. It could take up hours of your time.

Popular Posts