Helpful

It would appear that today is a day to post about kittens. Or something.

At least now I know why Buddug's been wandering around the house mewling and complaining all day. We never play kitten kerplunk with her. Hell, we don't even have a tree. I can't stand Christmas decorations (bah, humbug).

So today she decided she'd help me with my writing.

All the world's a critic

There I was, minding my own business, cutting swathes of useless introspection and dull descriptive passages from Running Away, and she comes in and lies down on it all.

Earlier in the day, Paperback Writer alerted me to Lee Goldberg's request for people to post pictures of where they write, but I wasn't going to post a picture of my office, because I've done it before. Buddug, however, had other ideas and forced me to get the camera out by trying to look sweet.

It's all just kitty-litter, you know

Fortunately I had my trusty dachshund to hand, guarding my back and keeping the evil monsters at bay. Or maybe just snoozing.

I've still not got a new chair

This is why I am so unproductive. I sit at my computer in the morning, full of good intentions and porridge, and one by one the various beasts come along, plonk themselves down beside me (or on the desk, or my lap) and just sit there, willing me to get up and take them for a walk*. No wonder it's taken so long to get Benfro book two away.

And now back to the spaceships.

*yup, Buddug likes to come for walks too. I tried to lead-train her (leash, if you're from across the pond), but she'd have none of that. Now she likes to scurry around in the bushes and leap out at the dogs when they're least expecting it.



Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Anyone with a desk as clean as yours bothers me. How do you do it? I even have notes tacked up all over the walls.
JamesO said…
That's not clean, this is clean.

But if it makes you feel better, look at this
Sandra Ruttan said…
Yeah, well, kev had just told me that if I had some good news about my writing, he'd get me a new desk. The old one survived 4 moves and was wobbling on its last legs.

So I now have ikea boxes, boxes of my papers, and all matter of chaos going on in my office. I have to go bring order to my world!
My desk is pretty clean. And cat-free. Those furry fuzzies look cute, but I'm not sure I'm up to having one of my own. Not to mention that it's a pest finding a place to leave it when traveling. And dogs (which my father could take) aren't allowed at my place.
Stuart MacBride said…
Furry cat. HUGE furry cat!
JamesO said…
They don't stop growing until they're four. Grendel's still a ways to go;}#

Popular Posts