Umdiddleiddleiddle umdiddleaye

Over the weekend I have had the theme for the song 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' going through my head on an endless incomplete loop. I don't know how it got in there - I haven't seen Mary Poppins since I was about six and I never was a great fan of musicals anyway. I don't even know the words, which is really annoying because I get little snippets intruding into my otherwise well-ordered thoughts. Words like 'atrocious' and 'precocious'.

Normally when a song is stuck in my head on a loop, I can get rid of it by letting it play itself out - or by drowning it in something loud. That hasn't worked this time, so I'm going to have to drill a hole in my head to let it out.

Comments

JamesO said…
You know what they say - a problem shared is a problem two people have got.

(and yes, I know that sentence is appaling)
Stuart MacBride said…
Might I suggest a 5mil drill bit with a Black & Decker cordless multidrill (set it to hammer action and you can match the rhythm of the music)
Jen Jordan said…
I'll tell you know, before you rub alcohol on your forehead and begin drilling, that trepanation does not work when the radio in your head is tuned to a bad station.

Helpful people with stickier songs, yes.

Great bloody hole, no.

Popular Posts