Two Bad Things

They say that troubles come in threes, which is a pretty pessimistic way of looking at life.

Yesterday Barbara found out that she hadn't got the job she was hoping for. On the plus side she has raised her profile considerably with senior management and flagged up a warning to her immediate bosses to stop taking her for granted. On the minus side, she didn't get the promotion, the big fat pay rise and the chance to tell everyone what she really thought.

So I'm treating this as a Bad Thing.

The week before last I was gazumped. On the plus side this means that I'm not about to put myself into scary debt, I'm not going to spend the next year losing my hair as I try to co-ordinate builders, I can afford to self-publish a short run of 'Pedalling Uphill Slowly' and concentrate on writing the next novel. On the minus side I'm even farther away from being able to afford a house around these parts than I was a year ago, when I first approached the farmer for a piece of his land.

So I'm treating this as a Bad Thing.

Something else Bad is going to happen sometime soon. The law of averages says that it must, but the law of Murphy is far more persuasive. Who knows, it may have already happened and I just haven't noticed.

Watch this space.

Humorous aside - further to my earlier post about search engine keywords, someone came recently to the DevilDog site after searching on the following criteria:
e-books to download for free about masturbating for guys

Makes you wonder....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, here's a third bad thing for you - you owe me a tenner!
John Rickards said…
Anyone who needs a book to tell them how to masturbate shouldn't be allowed near a computer.

Or to use metal cutlery.

Or to walk the streets unaccompanied.
Stuart MacBride said…
I recognise that description: it was Bryon, wasn't it?
JamesO said…
Truffaut: that's not a bad thing, that was for charidee. And the cheque is in the post, honest.

As for the identity of our amateur wanker, Statcounter puts him in California, using an AOL account. He's probably some poor kid worried his palms are going to go hairy and his eyesight fail.

Popular Posts