Small things

The observant amongst you will have noticed a small change to the layout of my blog. Those of you who haven't, scan right. No, further than that. Now up a bit. A bit more. There. See it? Now click on the link and go buy some of my books.

You can only get them electronically at the moment and the one pictured, Pedalling Uphill Slowly, isn't even fiction (well, bits of it are). But there's lots of good stuff on the site and some of it's even free!

Apart from tinkering with my blog, I've come to some conclusions after yesterday's dither. Phil will be receiving a shiny copy of Head just as soon as I've had another skim through it and I'm going to spend the next three days (whilst Barbara's away at a conference in Ireland) thrashing out some of the stranger ideas that are bubbling around my brainpan into something akin to a plot for a novel. This will have as its protagonist one Anthony McLean, policeman. I his earlier guises he was a chief inspector, which goes to show how much I know about the police hierarchy. Demotion looms, methinks.

I'm aiming for brevity, which may be hard given that the last three books I've written have all weighed in at the 'gor blimey how much?' level of doorstopness. But Head is just 86000 words, so I must have it in me to be concise.

Right, I'm off to do some real work now.

Comments

Popular Posts