Lemonade

Well, that's it for the house building project. I've done my sums, considered my options, weighed the alternatives and come to the conclusion that I don't want to have anything more to do with it. If people are prepared to pay ridiculous sums of money for plots of land, then let them. I'm not happy about it, but neither is there anything I can do to change the situation, so I'll just have to let it go. Quite what I'm going to do with the model I made, I'm not sure.

I think it was Jen who mentioned the concept of zen revenge on her blog (but I could be wrong, it could be Sarah or someone else entirely). The problem is, I can't think of anyone who I hate, let alone a good turn I could do them. I don't hate Mog (or Moc) the farmer. He's been put in a terrible position himself. I don't know who the fellow with too much money is, but even if I found out I don't think I could hate him. I dislike his morals and I think what he is doing is mean-spirited, but hate? What does it achieve?

So I've got lemons; I'd better make lemonade (though really you need sugar to do this, and if life's giving you sugar as well as lemons, then it's not all that bad.) Before the house project reared its ugly, I was planning on self-publishing my first book, Pedalling Uphill Slowly in a paperback edition which I would flog around the local bookshops, on my website, to friends and family, through selective ads, anywhere I could think of. I shelved the idea when it looked like I'd need all my savings to buy a plot and build a house. Since that's not happening now, I can revert to my original plan.

Mr Stuart will tell you, if you ask him, that I've been talking about doing this for ages. It's true - we put out a very limited run of hardback copies in 1997, which is why I have lovely Stuart MacBride original cover art (he also did the DevilDog logos and sundry other things on my site). Well this time I'm actually going to do it. In a few short weeks a real book, written by me will be available from all good websites with the url www.devildog.co.uk. And possibly from Amazon. Then you can all go out and buy it to cheer me up.

Comments

Popular Posts