Murder James Oswald

I've been having a lot of fun with Stat-Counter of late.

This splendid free service now tells me how many people are visiting this blog and where they are coming from. Mostly they seem to be coming from Mr Stuart's place, though recently some have sashayed over from whatever party Mr Rickards is holding, doubtless looking for something more appetising to eat. Aldo has sent a few my way and far too many bloggers out there obviously hit the 'next blog' button to see what's going on. Still, it's harmless fun.

Even more so is the log for my website. Since more people arrive there from search engines, I can see what sort of things people are looking for. Now, I know I should be using this information to optimise the site. I should be efficiently tailoring the web-experience to my projected customer base, or somesuch marketing wank. What's more fun is seeing what people have typed into google - for whatever strange reason it is my job as a writer to try and imagine. I give you (in no particular order):

Murder James Oswald
James Oswald & murder
Soapstone rabbits
idiot's parade
Stuart MacBride
MacBride Cold Granite
very short action stories
magical realism
fiction stories to sell
asylum mike mclean
short stories aspirations
bobbin mill aberdeen

I particularly like the fact that all those people out there trying to find Cold Granite are instead being directed to the far superior writings available at Devildog.

;]#


Comments

Stuart MacBride said…
I’m not going to dignify that with a response... Oh hell, yes I am: Bottoms to you shorty!

Popular Posts