One quarter

Which is the inverse of four.

Most of my mental energy has gone into writing about dragons today, so I am left with no alternative but to fall back on a response Sandra gave to a comment I left on her blog when she tagged me.

I've done the four things already (well, twice now, so that's eight things. I can do maths, me). But Sandra suggested instead of four things I like, to do four things I dislike (see Trace's tag about not hating things.)

Since I've no creativity left, I thought I might as well give it a go. So here it is:

Four movies you'd rather have root canal surgery than be forced to watch again

ET
The Sound of Music
The Hulk
Alexander

There are many, many more, but those are the first four that came to mind.

Four places you'd put your eyes out with knitting needles rather than have to live in

London
Actually, anywhere in England
The USA
France

Four TV shows you have to avoid because replacing broken screens is expensive. As are bullets.

Any soap opera
Any so called 'reality' TV
Any Docudrama (eugh, the word alone is enough to make me heave)
Sport - play it, sure. But watch someone else? Bleh.

Four places you'd gnaw your own knees off rather than have to visit on holiday

Ibiza (or any other of the Balearics, sadly)
The Canary Islands
Pretty much anywhere you might find other British tourists
Aberystwyth (as a representative of a typical UK Seaside resort)

Four foods that make you ill just thinking about them.

Burger chain burgers (name no names, they're all as bad as each other)
Anything with mushrooms in it (me and mushrooms don't see eye to eye)
Tofu
Parsnips

Four websites you'd never even contemplate visiting

I don't know. I've never even contemplated visiting them

Four places that make where you are right now seem like a really good place to be

Guantanamo Bay
Pretty much any sporting event (did I mention I don't do sport)
A Cliff Richard concert
The Big Brother house

Four sheep breeds you haven't a hope in hell of recognising

The Nellore
The Teviotdale
The Tordu
The Torwen

(I always get those last two muddled up)

Four people you hope you never get to meet (because being locked up for punching someone in the face doesn't look too good on your CV)

The man who invented elevator music
The genius who came up with the concept 'one size fits all'
Pretty much any politician
James Blunt (I swear I've tried everything to get that bloody song out of my head)

So there you have it, my little world of hate. In more uplifting news I managed to write just a little shy of 3000 words today, somewhat better than yesterday's effort. Chapter two is now finished, and the story has hit its first major tangent from my original plot. This is why I don't like planning things in too much detail.










Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Great post James!
JamesO said…
Sandra, you're too kind. If you think this is good, you should see what I can do when I put my mind to it.
Mindy Tarquini said…
Have I ever mentioned to you that I write about dragons, also? Or I did...rather.
JamesO said…
It's nothing to be ashamed of, M.G.

Or at least, I don't think it is...

Oh my god! What have I been doing telling the world I write about dragons? My reputation is ruined.

Popular Posts