A little disruption

It always seems to happen this way. I go away for a while, not far, really, and still more or less in touch with things. But when I come back it seems to take ages to settle back into the groove.

Maybe that's a good thing, since the groove I've been in all this year is not a terribly productive one. It's more like the groove right at the middle of the record - the one that goes hisssssthpt, hisssssthpt, hisssssthpt over and over again.

I should take this opportunity to jump out of the groove and go skittering over the label with a horrible screeching noise. But since nobody has records anymore, you probably won't know what I'm talking about. So instead I'll just sit here and make random observations.


I like this picture. It makes me laugh. Sadly the street, in Newtown, has been blocked off at the road end and the old people's sign removed. No sense of fun, those councillors. When I'm old and dribbly I should like to live in Frolic Street.

Meantime, I'll just have to get on with the writing. One last gasp bash at a report that needs finishing (or more accurately needed finishing a month ago) and I'm pretty much unemployed for the month of May. Time to throw myself back into the writing, methinks.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Classic photo James. Classic.

Popular Posts