And Kittens

Since Sandra's been having kittens over at her place, I thought I'd post these images as counterpoint.

The Princess and the Pea

The Horse Doctor doesn't like to iron,* and I favour the crumpled look. Folding clothes neatly and placing them on top of the boiler is the next best thing. Buddug likes to sleep on the nice clean washing as it sits on the boiler getting that final, ironing dry. Normally she likes to roll around in wet mud a little before climbing onto the top of the pile. Sometimes, when she's being especially kind, she pushes it all onto the floor for the SausageDog to lie on.

Rocking-Chair Cliché Cat

This is where I would sit and write, if I could ever get near it. The only way this picture could me more twee would be if the chair was in front of a fire, with a ball of wool and half-knitted jumper by the side. Comfort, thy name is cat.

* the Welsh for 'to iron' is 'smwddio' - pronounced smoothie-oh, which is a wonderfully descriptive verb.


Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Adorable, James.

I don't like ironing either. In this house, it's man's work.
Chaser said…
cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

Popular Posts