I really don't have to do this

But I can't resist an untagged meme and Trace just had to leave this one open.

I am: sitting in my study with the evening sun making one eye water. I should move a little.
I want: someone else to cook supper for me. This is not going to happen.
I wish: the sun would stop shining in my eyes
I hate: nothing at all. I pity, and I despair, but I never hate
I love: until it hurts
I miss: deadlines
I fear: only ever being mediocre
I hear: Bernard Fanning singing 'Down to the River' from his excellent album Tea & Sympathy
I wonder: whatever happened to Philip Herklots?
I regret: Not having done it earlier
I am not: organised. (but I changed the 'z' to an 's')
I dance: with my dachshund, when nobody's watching
I sing: with a deeper voice than in my choirboy days
I cry: pretty much from April through to October - hayfever's a bitch
I am not always: coherent
I make with my hands: many, many things.
I write: stories that no-one wants to read
I confuse: myself
I need: discipline (no, not like that)
I should: really stop staring at the sun. I'll go blind soon.
I start: at about six o'clock
I finish: the things that other people have left unfinished.

OK, so I might add to that

I am: flippant

But tell me something you don't already know.

I tag you, you, you and yes, you over there under the table.

In other news, I hit 3000 words today, finished chapter one, and it looks like I might be actually 'doing the writing thing', though there's still time for it to go horribly wrong. I might get myself one of those word count doobries to go in the index bar, then I can bore you all rigid with my progress (or lack thereof).


Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Don't worry James, I'm planning to tag you tomorrow.
Stuart MacBride said…
"I love: until it hurts"

That's quite enough smut from you, young man!
JamesO said…
Mr Stuart it's time to put the shiny rubber trousers with the bottom cut out away now (plenty of talc stops them perishing), and come back to the real, non-smutty world.

Popular Posts