Progress

Of sorts.

I've been mostly doing rewrites to Benfro book one, as suggested by my nice agent. But books three and four are slowly congealing into something vaguely resembling a story. As can be seen here:



Yes, you eagle-eyed readers, that does say 'how does it end?' at the bottom. A small problem, perhaps. Not insurmountable. I'm just not really too keen on the ending I had planned anymore. It's a bit too redolent of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials (not that copying the master is necessarily a bad thing.) So I'm floundering about a bit looking for a suitable way to wrap up a four part fantasy about a dragon. Piece of cake, if I put my mind to it.

Other progress is on the froggy front. Today it's been warmer and things have begun to stir in the murky waters:



Sadly this also means that the trees have begun to flower and produce pollen. I've been sneezing like a good 'un all day. Joy is a hayfever season that lasts from the end of March until the beginning of October.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Congrats on the progress! Sorry about spring though. Thank goodness I don't have seasonal allergies.
Chaser said…
Excellent mind map. However, I am wondering if rhubarb counts as fruit, technically.

Popular Posts