And another thing

Which just goes to show how low my cognitive functioning has fallen.

I watched the new Rebus on ITV last night. Ken Stott makes a good Rebus, but I don't think they've really given him enough room to build the character yet. And the stories they've done so far are very strange. OK, so you've got to hack things back a bit to fit a four hundred page detective novel with a complicated and intertwining set of plots into an hour and a half of telly (minus ads), but why did they even bother calling last night's episode Fleshmarket Close? That whole thread of the story was removed completely.

I've never read any of the Frost books, or Inspector Morse, or any other of the detectives who've made it to the little screen (I know, a dreadful confession, mea maxima culpa). Are they all so hacked about as Rankin's?

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
From what I've heard, these latest Rebus shows are really really bad.
Stuart MacBride said…
"Are they all so hacked about as Rankin's?"

Yes. Now go read the Frost books, they're fucking great. And you know I don't normally use naughty words, so that's how good they are.

Popular Posts