Gwastraf Amser*

Today has been one big waste of time. In the course of the last twelve hours, since I finished my breakfast this morning, I have achieved the square root of bugger all.

Not that I've been indolent, far from it. No, I've been fighting with Mr Gates' beast; the thing that is Windows 2003 Server. And I've been fighting with MySQL, which I used to think was on my side. And I've been fighting with one arm tied behind my back as my broadband connection dips in and out of consciousness like a Swansea Girl at three am on Saturday morning. Too much snow on the line, I suspect.

In short, I have been frustrated and thwarted at every turn. There has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Gnash, gnash. Much pulling of hair and shouting of 'come on you little fucker' at the laptop. And none of it has worked. The application that ran oh so sweetly on the old NT server at Aberystwyth University refuses, like a spoilt child, to work on it's spangly new 2003 server (hang on, aren't we in 2006 now?)

I've had enough. It's time to eat. And then I shall vegetate. Nothing creative today.

* A waste of time, in the local dialect.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Depeche Mode?
JamesO said…
Master and Servant, Leave in Silence, Blasphemous Rumours, Shake the Disease, all classics.

I've not heard much of their new stuff, but I love that early eighties sound - reminds me of being young;}#
Sandra Ruttan said…
Geesh how old are you James?

Popular Posts