Cold

It's been snowing on and off all day. Great big dollops of the white stuff swirling around and covering everything. It won't last long, it never does around here, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

In one of the few non-whiteout moments this morning, I managed to take the dogs for a walk. Nothing lifts the spirits quite like a dachshund in the snow. Plus he gets to have his undercarriage cleaned, which is a bonus. The sun even shone for a little while during my stroll and for those few bright moments I was warm.

But now I'm cold.

It creeps up insidiously, this cold. I'm too mean to turn the boiler on during the day, and besides there's no point heating the whole house when I'm confined to one small room. The morning wasn't too bad, punctuated as it was by my walk. A bowl of hot soup for lunch kept me going for a while, and a mug of redbush tea warmed my fingers for a little longer, but now I'm starting to feel it.

Mostly I'm hungry, which is a sure sign my body's operating below optimum. My fingers are getting a bit thick on the keyboard, making mistakes and stupid double-key typos. My brain seems to have powered down a notch - earlier I was on a creative wave but now I keep ditting from one thing to another. I'm feeling tired. And yet if you were to ask me did I feel cold, I would have to say no. Not in the classic sense of shivering, stamping feet and feeling the need to walk around lots. Instead I'm just slowing down, and if I don't do something about it soon, I will come to a complete halt. Absolute zero. No movement whatsoever.

Fortunately the heating's going to come on in an hour or so. In the meantime I'll just have to cosy up to the dachshund for warmth. At least he's not damp anymore.

any fool can make snow-angels; it takes skill to make a snow-dachshund

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Very cute!

Enter my contest, dammit!
Chaser said…
as they say back home _oh_my_GAWD_, that is soooooooooooo Cuuuuuute.

Popular Posts