Moist

When I set off with the dogs for their daily stroll an hour or so ago, the sun was shining, the little birds were twittering their hearts away and all was well in the world. I did the usual route, leverets notwithstanding, and by the time I reached the furthest point, the gate onto Rhos Abraham, I was sweating not a little.

Then the heavens opened.

Not in a hallelujah chorus, pointing finger of god way, but in a sudden switch to 100% humidity. Within seconds I was wet. Within minutes I was wringing. By the time I got home I was drenched. So wet, indeed, that even the handkerchief in my pocket yielded a cupful of water when I squeezed it out. Damp right through to my boxers and socks.

It was almost like when Barbara and I stopped off in Hawaii on the way back from Australia. That was two days of the heaviest rain they've had in twenty-five years, apparently. We walked around in shorts and T-shirts enjoying getting wet. At least it was warm.

It was reasonably warm this afternoon, too. So I don't really mind the dowsing.

Wales, you've got to love rain to live here.

Comments

Popular Posts