Stupid, stupid, stupid

I've just had a phone call from my boss-as-was on the project I'm not going to mention anymore. To say it was embarrassing would be an understatement.

Now I know it was perhaps tempting fate to name the project I'm not going to mention anymore in a number of earlier blogs (and it's no good going back and looking for them, they're gone now). I actually wrote in one of them :
It occurred to me that mentioning the name of the project on my blog may not have been that good an idea. But then again, what are they going to do? Sack me?
What didn't occur to me, which it should have, was that all my ex-colleagues who are still busily working away at the project and making good things of it would be mightily embarrassed when they typed the name of the project into google and got the first result a title 'I hate my job'. And a link to this blog.

Like I said. Stupid, really stupid.

But worse is the fact that it wasn't my colleagues who first stumbled upon this little faux pas, but someone working for the agency that funds it. Oops.

I fully expect to be shot in the ensuing damage limitation exercise. I just hope it doesn't go any further than that.

And for the record, I never slagged off the project that I'm not going to mention anymore. I did indeed praise it in many ways. It was my inability to rise to the challenges it presented that was the core of my concern. But 'I hate my job'?

Ouch.

Comments

Popular Posts