Wonderful

In deference to Sandra, who has no patience in these matters, I'm posting this a little earlier today.

Yesterday's snow proved to be short-lived, much to the dismay of the dachshund. There was enough around this morning for it to be worth taking the camera out, though, even if it was a bit dark.

a view from the bridge

I can't go for long walks at the moment. Mortimer has bad arthritis (too much of being a killer Patterdale terrier when he was younger), and now only goes for short strolls, and at that very slowly. When it's cold he slows down to almost Chiswick-esque speeds.*

the bridge, before the view

This is particularly hard on the dachshund, who is still capable of covering endless miles on his little legs. Since he doesn't get the exercise he used to, his food has been cut down. He loves his food, and can't understand why he's not allowed to eat as much as he did. This is something on which I can sympathise with him entirely.

gorse

So we only did the short stroll today, and lazybones that I am, I've not run all week (fair-weather athlete, me). It looks like I'll have to spend some time on the exercise bike instead, but by god it's dull pedalling nowhere hard for an hour.

* Chiswick doesn't even come for strolls anymore, unless he's carried. Lazy little toad.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Oh, thank you! Now I feel like I can start my day!

Lovely pictures. We've had a fair bit of snow this week too. I might have to stop wearing shoes outside for a couple days.
JamesO said…
Won't that be a bit cold on the feet?
ACG said…
those are beautiful pictures...
i'll have to post my snow photos taken from my fire escape to contrast the incredible country side views.
Pretty pics. That reminds me I should try for some black and white photography again, it's a long time since I last did it and it can produce such nice effects.
Sandra Ruttan said…
hahahahahahahaha

I've got sockshoes.

Popular Posts