Over and done with

Well, that's Christmas out of the way.

There's a lot to be said for keeping well away from family at this time of year. Secure in our remoteness, THD* and I were able to do exactly what we wanted to do yesterday (and today, and tomorrow, hooray!). No being marched off to church to listen to hour long sermons. No arguments over whether we could open a present before breakfast. No overexcited children running around and making too much noise. No being forced to watch the Queen's speech.

A long lie-in, a leisurely breakfast, a three hour stroll up to the windmills and back, a roaring fire and goose for supper. If there'd been anything worth watching on the telly it would have been perfect. And since my little brother (who's bigger than me) gave me a DVD of the complete series of Mr Benn (including the never-before-screened fourteenth episode). I can consider myself fully entertained.

And better still, we're not going anywhere for Hogmanay either, so we can do it all over again, only this time with fewer presents and more whisky.

*Well, 'The Horse Doctor' sounds very clinical, so I thought I'd try it as an acronym. It still doesn't really work, does it.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
THD sounds sort of like an STD. I think you'll have to keep looking for another label.

Kevin calls me Bear. And occasionally psycho Sandra.

Popular Posts