Just Wind

From the department of unintended meaning.

I've been rattling through the corrections to Benfro book two today and I came across this memorable sentence. Bear in mind that Benfro is dreaming he is being chased by his arch-enemy, the Inquisitor, who is riding on the back of a great bird and wielding a flaming sword (hey - it's fantasy. There's certain traditions have to be kept):

'A sword of flame hung guttering in the wind of his passage.'

What the fuck was I thinking when I typed that?

Comments

Stuart MacBride said…
And would the flames not, like, you know: 'billow out bright blue' in the wind of his passage?

I've never actually lit a fart before, but I've seen Animal House.

And my verification word is 'pauthevk' which I think means it's time for me to go back to work.
Jen Jordan said…
Indeed, Sir O, it is time to cut back on the dark cabbage beer and pickle sandwiches before writing.

My verification word is 'hejxwm' which means my wm is cursed.

Any curse lifters out there got a spell for that one?

Popular Posts