Happy blog-day to me

Yes folks, believe it or not, SirBenfro is one year old today. One year of mindless gibberish masquerading as pearls of wisdom.

And what a year it's been. I've failed to build a house, but succeeded in finding an agent. I've travelled to Canada, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, as well as going home to Scotland and venturing into deepest darkest Englandshire. I've managed to get my classic car through an MOT and onto the roads legally after more than a decade (I hesitate to say I've restored it, as there's still a long way to go). I've made a few new friends, and caught up with one I'd lost a long time ago. I've narrowly managed to avoid getting sacked after bad-mouthing my ability to cope with one project (and making the stupid mistake of naming it). I've bared my soul, moaned, whinged, ranted and generally behaved like a spoiled brat. It's been a blast.

In total I've made 198 blog entries, over 75,000 words. That's not far shy of a slim novel and perhaps goes some way towards explaining why I haven't managed to produce a new book this year (although the combined rewrites to three novels probably adds up to as much work). It would have been more if I'd kept up with the postings from my travel journal, but I've saved you all that particular pleasure for later.

I didn't get around to putting a stats package on the blog until mid-April, but since then 2,264 unique visitors have loaded 3,726 pages of my rubbish to their browsers. This might not be much compared to some, but it's a start.

So here's to the next year, may it be even more random than the last.

Comments

John Rickards said…
*raises a toast to the only man he knows with a 'sheep of the week'*

:-D
Stuart MacBride said…
See - I told you you'd like it.

Popular Posts