No food!

Tomorrow at eleven in the morning I've got to go and have a cholesterol test. Well, I don't have to, but the optician said I ought to have it checked and when someone tells you something whilst they're gazing deep into your eyes you tend take notice. The test is booked and even if it makes me feel old, I might as well get it done.

The problem is that I'm not allowed to eat anything after eight o'clock this evening. And I'm only allowed to drink water. So no breakfast tomorrow, no decaf latte, no toast and marmalade, no huge steaming bowl of porridge. Come eleven I'll have wasted away to a thin stick. I'll hardly have the strength to drive to the surgery.

Right, I'm off to have a blow-out before the allotted time comes around.

Comments

I love marmalade. I'll think of you and keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Anonymous said…
Nothing has made me feel older than finding out I had high cholesterol and was given the same medication as my father! So, now when he comes over and takes out this pill box with a thousand different pills for all these ailments, I just know where my future lies. Damn genes.

Popular Posts