And they're off

Today I posted a synopsis and taster chapters of Benfro book one to a potential agent. I'm not going to say who, because I'm deeply superstitious and don't want to jeopardise my chances. But for the first time in about four years, a piece of my work is out there looking for love.

It's a bit like buying a raffle ticket. Right up until the draw is made you can bask in the possibility of winning. Anything could happen, I mean look what happened to JK Rowling.

OK, so that's not going to happen to me. But I can dream. And without anything doing the rounds I don't even have that luxury. Now that I've taken the plunge and sent my baby out to beg for its keep, I can indulge in a little creative fantasizing.

Of course, there's more to it than that. I wouldn't want to suggest that the published authors among my meagre audience got there simply by luck. Some of them had to do questionable things with badgers to get where they are today. I've polished and honed Benfro book one, lovingly crafted it and done all the things I can to make it as good as it can be. Or at least I hope I have. Only time will tell.

So if you'll excuse me, it's Friday evening, the sun's shining and I'm going to go out and tinker with my sports car.

Comments

Stuart MacBride said…
As a not usually lucky person, let me wish you good luck and a HUGE malt whisky.

And maybe some pickled onions...
JamesO said…
Pickled onions are good. Especially ones you've grown and pickled yourself.
Good luck.

Oh, and some malt whisky is never wrong. :)
Mystery Dawg said…
I say here in Los Angeles...Buena Suerte tu amigo!
Congrats, James! I'm crossing my fingers for you. And my toes. And my eyes.
And 'expensive' is all relative. I had a boyfriend once who thought $5.00 was expensive. LOL!

Popular Posts