Got there in the end

It took a while though. The first time I tried this it had me as Les Miserables (better known as the glums), which those of you who know me will realise is a dreadful insult. Then I got to be A Prayer for Owen Meany, which is sort of a compliment, I guess, but still doesn't really sum up the essential me. So I tried again, and got to be The Guns of August, which I have to admit I've never even heard of, let alone read. So I plugged my answers in one more time:






You're The Great Gatsby!
by F. Scott Fitzgerald


Having grown up in immense wealth and privilege, the world is truly at your doorstep. Instead of reveling in this life of luxury, however, you spend most of your time mooning over a failed romance. The object of your affection is all but worthless--a frivolous liar--but it matters not to you. You can paint any image of the past you want and make it seem real. If you were a color of fishing boat light, you would be green.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


Seems to sum me up perfectly. Apart from the immense wealth and privilege bit, that is.

And now I suspect it's time for this meme to die.

Comments

Stuart MacBride said…
"The object of your affection is all but worthless--a frivolous liar..."

I'm sure Barbara is just delighted by that!
JamesO said…
Ah, but I'm not so callous as to class Barbara as an object. The object of my affection, or at least my yearning, would be some form of literary recognition (even if it were recognition of my literary worthlessness). Put simply I want to be successful, recognized and lauded by complete strangers - and that's a worthless and frivolous desire if ever I saw one.

Popular Posts