Gosh, is it that time already


The new Spinetingler is out. Seems like just yesterday since the last one was here. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Sandra, Kevin and the rest of the team put a great deal of effort into producing this consistently good read, so go and download it now.

In other wintry news, I find that a whole year has passed since I last wrote that a whole year had passed since I first posted something to this blog. Happy Birthday, Sir Benfro. Two years on and still wetting the bed of literary pretension.

In the past year, this site has had 11,174 page loads, averaging 31 a day. The lowest count was five, the highest 98, which probably means something, but I'm damned if I know what. Not including this one, I've made 289 posts, written a total of 138,992 words and wasted lord only knows how much time. Yours as well, probably, but hey, it's been fun.

Over the course of the year, fewer and fewer people have come here from google searches, which is a shame really, as I can tell you what Kate Beckinsale's shoe size is if you want to know. I rather enjoyed the slightly insane things people type into Google, but the most interesting right now is 'does aberystwyth have an ice rink' with no heed for capital letters or punctuation. The answer is no, by the way.

Perhaps the greatest number of random hits come from people following the link to this picture.

Which I find most odd indeed. But it comes up regularly in my web stats package as the referring link. I'm not sure quite what you have to put into Google Images to get it to appear, and I'll admit it's quite an arresting picture, but still it baffles me why people keep coming back to it. Maybe it's the same person each time, as the referring link is broken and just comes up with a blogger error message. If that's the case, then you need to go here to see the picture in its original context.

So what of the next year? Well, I really don't know. Hopefully it will be full of nice surprises. Realistically it will be much the same as the last.

Thank you all for stopping by. Here's hoping I can still come up with enough bollocks to keep you coming back.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Sometimes I love trying to make sense of blog hits. Usually, there's no rhyme or reason to them.

Thanks for spreading the word James!
angie said…
Happy Blog-o-versary! And I second Sandra re. Spinetingler...
So what is Kate Beckinsale's shoe size? And more importantly, how do you happen to know such a thing?
JamesO said…
To be honest, Vincent, I have no idea. But a while back some strange fellow stumbled upon my blog by asking Google that same question. I said UK 6, but that's probably a bit small - she's quite a tall lass, and those boots she wears in Underworld and Underworld: Evolution are not petite.

Since no-one else in the online world had hazarded a guess, the poor woman will be shoved into size sixes for the time being. Should I ever meet her, I'll apologise.
Happy Bloggiversary.

That dog pic is cute, btw.
Spinetingler is amazing this month. Always is, but it's really friggin' awewome this month.

Thanks for the pic of my cover and the link below. *SMOOOOOOOOCH*

Popular Posts