Bah humbug!

Because I can never resist a meme. This one's doing the rounds, but I got it from Trace.

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I can honestly say I've never had Egg Nog. I like Hot Chocolate with a dash of Cointreau.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps bugger all. I do the honours - except whatever the Horse Doctor gets for me, which is usually rather badly wrapped. She just doesn't have the patience.

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
Neither. I have to resist the urge to set fire to houses with festive lights all over the outside. And we never have a tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
And risk being kissed by the dog? No way.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
What decorations?

6 What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Roast Goose with all the trimmings. Or possibly cold ham and English mustard.

7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
Snow falling in the darkness outside. Great fat lumps of it coming down with no wind to blow them about. I watched them in a narrow pool of light from the window and knew that winter was properly here.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I can't remember - it was probably when I was about four and almost undoubtedly because my older brother told me to piss me off.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I sometimes even forget to open them on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
By leaving it well alone, out in the forest.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it. Especially thick powder on a clear sunny day. Minus fifteen degrees and no queues at the chairlift.

12. Can you ice skate?
When I was a kid, we used to skate on a large lake not far from the house. I remember being very careful, listening out for the ominous cracking sounds. The ice was always rippled, too; never smooth. So skating was an exercise in teeth-rattling vibration. The first time I went to an ice rink I fell over a lot just because it was so smooth. I've not been for a while, but the last time I went I picked it all up again quite quickly. Going backwards was always tricky, but it looks dead impressive. Until you bump into someone, that is.

13. Do you remember your favourite gift for Christmas?
When I was about eight, my parents got my two brothers and me a petrol-engined go-kart. They managed to keep it secret until the day, too - we usually managed to guess what we were getting. It lasted for several years before we graduated to destroying old cars.

14 . What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Getting them over and done with.

15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
Steamed Ginger pudding, with lots of golden syrup.

16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
A recent one, instigated since arriving in Wales. We go for a long (three hour plus) walk around the nearby mountain, before coming home to a late afternoon lunch.

17. What tops your tree?
The sky.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving. Receiving is fraught with potential disappointment.

19. What is your favourite Christmas Song?
I'm not sure you can use the words 'favourite' and 'Christmas Song' together in a sentence. But if you forced me at gunpoint, I'd have to say 'Vincent the Christmas Virus' by my old friends The Arrogant Worms.

20. Do you like Candy Canes?
I'm not sure we've ever been introduced.

Comments

Popular Posts