blogger's masterplan

I can tell whenever someone has switched over to the new beta version of blogger. Quite apart from it usually being the subject of their first post on the new system, my RSS reader suddenly picks up their previous twenty-five posts.

So far I've resisted the urge to follow. I'm not a big fan of beta versions, even if the service is free. In particular, I'm not too keen on the bit where it says once you've switched you can never go back. Sooner or later blogger will decide that it's no longer beta, and roll the thing out as a proper service. At this point I'll likely have no choice but to change, but until them I'm quite happy with the system I've learnt to use, thankyou.

But there are problems out there in blogger land. I've not been able to add my pithy comments to Vincent's blog for days now, and the RSS feed from some of the sites I read regularly is patchy at best. Perhaps blogger is deliberately making life difficult in the hope that everyone will switch to the beta version. Maybe I'm just being an old fuddy-duddy in refusing to early-adopt. Who knows?

Comments

angie said…
You're not alone. I've finally started getting a handle on regular ol' blogger and don't want to deal with the new version until I have to. When I have to switch, I'll do it. Until then, this techno-idiot is sticking with what I know.
I was duped into thinking the Beta was ready, which is why I switched after avoiding it for so long. I've also just discovered that I can post comments on non-Beta blogs by clicking 'sign in with your Google account' first.

To be honest, apart from signing in using that Google account and publishing a post being much quicker, I can't say I've noticed a lot of difference.
Sandra Ruttan said…
I've been thinking about switching, because the push is on to do it. And it's a bitch where the group blog is concerned, so I might have no choice...

Popular Posts