Where did the week go?

Looking at the empty pages of Sir Benfro, I see that I last posted on Tuesday, with a startling revelation. It's now Sunday evening and I can't for the life of me think why I haven't managed to write any more posts in that time.

OK, so Wednesday and Thursday were shit days, but that's still not much of an excuse around here. Have I been feeling under the weather? Not especially. Have I been very busy? No more than usual. If I'm being honest, I'd have to say that blogging, both reading and writing, has been low on my list of priorities of late. All my energies, scant though they are, have been absorbed in the task of finishing Sir Benfro book three.

But that won't be for long. I have started the penultimate chapter. With a little application, I might even get the thing finally done in the next week. If I can just keep my focus to the finish line.

On a more positive note, today hasn't been a total waste of time. We picked the last of the tomatoes and pulled up the plants yesterday. Today we prepared the soil and sowed onions, carrots, beetroot, pak choi and garlic in the polytunnel. Onions and garlic will be ready in the spring, the rest should be good for Christmas, especially if this mild autumn continues. We've also planted a few Charlotte potatoes in buckets, also in the polytunnel. These will be dug on Christmas day - new potatoes with the goose, yum.

And in other good news, it would appear that we now have to call Mr Stuart Barry. Congratulations go to him on winning the award for Best First Novel Published in the US in 2005 with Cold Granite. And commiserations to the losers.

Now I'm off to write some more about dragons.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
I am so excited for Stuart MacBarry!

Maybe you didn't post because you knew I was away and wouldn't complain!

Popular Posts