Sometimes I wake up grumpy

Sometimes I just let her sleep. (boom boom)

Those wacky scientists have been delving into the bleeding obvious again and come up with startling fact that women are more grumpy upon waking than men. The Sleep Council* commissioned a survey recently into the nation's sleeping habits. Apparently 24% of men say they never wake up feeling grumpy, compared with just 14% of women. This disparity could be down to the fact that us blokes lie more than women when answering survey questions, but it could also be true. If my own experience is anything to go by, then there might be something in it. The Horse Doctor is a notorious morning grouch, quite unable to function before her first cup of coffee.

I, on the other hand, am quite capable of getting up and starting the day with minimal fuss - I just prefer to start it later rather than earlier.

Apparently the grouchiness of the fairer sex is all down to an inability to get a good night's sleep. Almost a third of women complain that their partner's snoring keeps them awake, compared with just 13% of men. That said, a snoring girl is something to behold.

Also, for reasons inexplicable to the less fair sex, women feel the need to do all sorts of things in the morning that could really be left until later, or not done at all. 28% of them are moved to do housework as part of the morning schedule, compared with only 5% of men. Quite where they found that 5% of men, I'm not sure.**

* What a great organisation to work for. Just how do you go about getting a job with the Sleep Council? I mean, I'm ideally suited, really.
I'm a natural.
** and I'm not going to make the obvious joke, either.

Comments

I don't mind my dog snoring, but I can't sleep if anyone is snoring hehehehe.
Sandra Ruttan said…
We have cats that snore. And purr. And this morning, first Skittles decided to push my head off my pillow, and then Rebus decided to head-butt me repeatedly.

I tell you, it was nearly the end of Rebus, contract or no contract (ha ha ha, I know, I know...)
JamesO said…
We long ago confined the beasts to the kitchen at night, but the Horse Doctor thought she might relent last year, when I was away up north with the dogs and it was just her and the cat in the house. One night was enough to remind her of how much fun it was to be jumped on by five kilos of purring, clawing Maine Coon in the middle of the night.

Popular Posts