Ha ha ha ha!

With the emphasis on the last 'ha!'

I ranted some while ago about the idiocy of Baigent and Leigh suing Dan Brown over the similarities between their book The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail and his stupendously successful but as yet unread by me blockbuster The DaVinci Code (which has apparently made him £250 Million since it was published in 2003 - I'm in the wrong genre.)

Well it seems that I was right. The court has thrown the case out and ordered B&L to pay costs that could be as much as £2.5 Million. So the only real winners are the lawyers. Again.

In other news, I finished the chapter headings on Thursday night (hooray!) and now I'm giving the whole book a last read-through to make sure my changes haven't wreaked too much havoc with the continuity. With luck and a fair wind, it should be in the post to my agent on Monday morning.

If I can drag myself away from the blogs.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Glad you finished the chapter headings.

You're right. Lawsuits are only good for the lawyers.

Popular Posts