Damn, but it's late.

I just don't know where the day's gone. I had to do some paying work this morning, which kept me away from pretty much anything blogworthy. All that data entry I did last month has to be double-checked, so me and Sian* are taking turns to read out the numbers whilst the other clicks through them on screen. Joy of joys - I think I've found something even duller than data entry.

But money is money, and I've got to earn it somewhere.

This afternoon I was mostly pretending to be a dragon, which is a lot more fun. I'm still not quite sure how the whole epic saga ends. The Horse Doctor wrote on my whiteboard 'The Hippo Wins!' I don't think she's quite understood the premise. Which is fine - I only half listen when she tells me about what she's doing, after all.

And this evening I exhausted myself talking on the phone to some mad nice woman with an Alfa Romeo GT who wanted to tell me all about the problems she's had with it over the last eighteen months and how she loves it anyway and she wrote a letter to Alfa Romeo and they treated her really well and it's a pity that there are so many niggling little problems when the car's such a hoot to drive and on and on an on. Big mistake letting the owner's club print my phone number in the magazine - I should have stuck with the email address only. Ah well, my own fault for agreeing to set up the register in the first place.

But best news of all was the arrival this evening of a big box of comics, including issues 1,2 and 3 of Nextwave. Hooray. Sadly for my supplier, this is too little too late. My order has been moved to my good friend Mike's shop in Aberdeen. I just have to hope he doesn't start handing out my credit card details to strangers too.

And now, by way to Tambo's place, a distraction:

You Are an Excellent Cook

You're a top cook, but you weren't born that way. It's taken a lot of practice, a lot of experimenting, and a lot of learning.
It's likely that you have what it takes to be a top chef, should you have the desire...



Tonight I cooked Gan Panang, one of my favourite Thai dishes. What's everyone else eating?

* Sian is one of the two secretaries who work in the office across the road, though I sometimes feel that the word secretary is way too demeaning for the work she does.**
** In fact people are way too dismissive of secretaries. Quite often they're the one's who keep the company going. And they know where the biscuits are kept.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Hate to burst your bubble, but I scored "excellent cook" as well.

Which means that the questionairre is completely screwed up. Or I lie well.
JamesO said…
It wasn't a hard one to cheat, Sandra. But I am an excellent cook;}#

Popular Posts