Bellissima!

Four weeks after the day, but better late than never, Barbara's birthday present has finally arrived. So now it can be revealed that, generous fellow that I am, I bought her a Gaggia Gelateria Ice Cream Maker!



This wasn't something I wanted for myself, honest. But since she refuses to tell me what she does want, because 'that would spoil the surprise', and we've got a garden full of fruit that needs eating, and a freezer full of last years fruit that still hasn't been eaten, I thought perhaps it would be a good idea.

Now that it has arrived, I realise that there is no space in the kitchen for it. But nevertheless, last night I managed to make Rhubarb and Ginger ice cream that was almost as good as the stuff we had at the Royal Welsh Show a couple of weeks ago. I just need to tweak the recipe a bit and get some more rhubarb flavour - the ginger was a bit overpowering. But there are so many other options -Straciatella, Mocha, Strawberry (from the polytunnel), Wild Raspberry (from the roadside), Elderflower and Gooseberry, Horseradish and Lady's Smock - the options are endless.

Looks like I'm going to have to get a new pair of running shoes. And a pair for Barbara too.

But that wasn't the reason I got her an ice cream maker. Oh no. That would be too cruel.


Comments

Popular Posts