Rainy day

It's been raining here non-stop for twenty-four hours now. And not the general air of wetness we get so often, but anything varying from steady rain to torrential downpour. The stream that goes under the road at the back of the house is swollen almost to bursting, frothing around like so much spilled coca-cola. The dogs are burrowed deep into their beds, avoiding eye-contact and quite determined that this will be no-stroll Tuesday.

Only Buddug seems in her element, disappearing for an hour or two, then leaping onto my lap from nowhere, soaked to the skin and keen to share her recently acquired dampness. Last night she brought in a rat, fully a foot from nose to tail. I'm still not sure whether she killed it or it drowned. It's the first rat I've seen here in nearly six years.

I'm cracking on with Benfro part two, trying to make sense of the inky squiggles I left all over the manuscript whilst abroad. It's very hard to get back into the swing of things, and there's no paying work right now to distract me. Normally I'd go for a long walk to sort things out in my head, but I don't much fancy a soaking.

Time to dig out the exercise bike, perhaps.

Comments

Popular Posts