Nice People

Stuart's agent Phil (he's not really that short, honest) phoned me this morning. He'd been talking to a new SF and Fantasy editor recently appointed to a UK publishing house (no, I'm not going to be more specific than that, sorry), and in the course of the conversation thought that my work might fit this new editor's new brief.

So he phoned me up and told me about it.

Phil's not my agent; his agency doesn't represent me in any way. But he took the time to let me know about this new editor. He's given me useful criticism on several of my manuscripts as well, all for free. I hope this blog doesn't get him into any kind of trouble.

The world needs more people like him. Thanks Phil.


***Update***

My agent tells me Sir Benfro book one was submitted to this new editor ten days ago, and they had lunch with him last week. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are too kind, James (and you too, Stuart). The world needs more people like me? You better ask my wife's opinion about that!

It is good to see a new sci-fi and fantasy imprint, as Simon and Schuster's Earthlight imprint was axed a couple of years ago.

Glad to hear your book has gone in, and the very best of luck.

Yours


Phil
Agent Phil sounds like a very sweet man. Fingers and toes crossed for the book, James!!
I'd like to find an agent like Phil.

Too bad I don't write Fantasy. I have the swords and battles, but no magic.

Popular Posts