Still waiting

The more observant of you might have noticed that the lovely knitted background pattern Mr Stuart made for me has disappeared, along with its washing instructions. My profile picture is also missing. All of these images are stored on the DevilDog website, which is still down. 

I'm not quite sure what manner of embuggerance can cause a server to be that badly knackered, and I'd have thought that if it was, it would simply have been swapped out and thrown away. As it is, all my lovely hosting providers, ZZ Hosting, can say is 'please be patient.' I am reminded curiously of BT.

What is very odd is that the alfa-gt.org site was fixed in a day and is now working fine (except for the icons on the front page map, which for unfathomable reasons are also stored on the DevilDog site - something for me to change just as soon as I can get around to it). In theory it should be on the same server as DevilDog. Bloody technology.


So the search continues for a new hosting company. But I can't move just yet, as there's a slim possibility that my emails might be circling in limbo, just waiting for the opportunity to come home to roost. Also there's a certain perverse sense of vengeance in waiting for them to fix it and then telling them to fuck off.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm on zzhosting and all of my sites are out of commission--about 5 of them.
Anonymous said…
Been down since the morning of friday, August the 28th. It's now Sept 13th. And still no resolution. All of my sites come up with the "Apache Installed" page. Which is to say, they have the server running, but the websites have not been restored! After several support tickets and complaints, I finally moved elsewhere. Over two weeks down, total incompetence on ZZ Hosting's part.

Popular Posts