I'm still here

Just being very quiet.

Apologies to my loyal reader. It must get very lonely coming back here every day to find no-one around.

Mostly the reason for not blogging is that I have very sporadic and time-limited internet access right now. And with BT still being a complete arse I've no idea how long that situation will continue.

But I have to admit that I haven't much felt like talking of late. I miss my cat; it's as simple as that. I miss being leapt upon when I least expected it; I miss the screaming miaows as she wandered around the house looking for me; I miss the chirrupping purr that made it impossible to hear the telly; I even miss the muddy footprints all over the kitchen counter of a morning; and the small, sometimes dead votive offerings. Most of all, I just miss having her around.

Trying to strike a more positive note, the sparky finally showed up, and turned out to be an all right bloke. He was pretty much happy with what I'd done so far, and full of useful advice and help for the next stage. In the week since getting the initial all clear, I've wired up forty double sockets, two dozen lights, smoke and heat alarms and god alone knows what else. I have to admit that I'd seriously underestimated the amount of work involved in rewiring a house. And I didn't even bother with phone and computer cables, since most of that stuff is wireless these days.

Still,it should be done soon. And the building control sparky will test the system, meaning I don't have to pay anyone else to do that, which is nice. I just hope I don't have to wait three more weeks for him to come and do that.

I'm quite looking forward to putting the floorboards back down. And not tripping over extension cables.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear that the sparky finally showed up.

Buddug was a cat full of personality, and I don't blame you for missing her so. Thinking of you...
Unknown said…
It's always hard James, but glad to hear you're still around.
highlandwriter said…
Hang in there, James. :-)


HW
Peter said…
Hello, just passing by but had to say I know how you feel about Buddug. Its almost like there is an empty cat shaped space in the house.
I remember when Tibby got run over, my neighbour who found her was so upset he walked past my door to his house and then phoned me up to tell me!
as someone else has said - hang in there

peter
JamesO said…
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I'll get there in the end, but it's a long, hard road.

And Peter, you must have a lot of time on your hands to wind up here...

Popular Posts