Mmmm, tasty

I went into Otterstones in Aberystwyth this morning. It should have been to pick up my sister's Christmas present, ordered over a fortnight ago and which I was assured would have arrived by now. Only it hadn't been ordered, and wasn't available for rapid dispatch from the warehouse. Useless bloody staff.

The Horse Doctor and I are heading off to Suffolk for the weekend tomorrow, taking with us assorted gifts for my sister and her family. There's not enough time to order her present online now, so I had to browse for something different instead. I did think about getting her a copy of Broken Skin, since they finally had one in after months of my badgering them. But it wasn't signed, didn't have an amusing teddy-bear cartoon in the front. So I left it on the shelf.

Eventually I did find something suitable, and not too expensive. By this time, however, the two staff working the counter had gone for their tea. I stood lemon-like for a little while, waiting to be served, then noticed the electronic display on the right hand till. This is so clever, what with barcodes and databases and all, that it shows the title of the book just scanned. Or at least I hope that's what it was showing. It could just be a disgruntled employee venting his spleen. Either way, it was greeting every new customer into the shop with these words:

I lick my cheese...


Comments

John R said…
I was expecting some horrors from google for searching for that phrase, I can tell you, but this seems to be the answer. The idea of psychotic staff is a good one though...

Popular Posts