Suffolk bound

If there's one thing I don't like about travelling, it's leaving good weather behind.

This week has been so nice that I've had to start taking my hay fever pills again - the first time since June, I think. But every evening after the news, the weather man has pointed towards the east and looked glum. Rain, grey clouds, cold wind from the North Sea. Lovely.

But my niece, Eleanor, turned eighteen on Monday. I wasn't invited to the young party, which I guess is fair enough. None of the teenagers around today were alive when I was their age. From what I've heard about what they get up to, I don't think I could have coped even when I was still bare of chin. Instead, there's a second party on Sunday - a more sedate lunchtime affair more suited to the elderly. The Horse Doctor and I have obviously been invited to lower the tone.

Normal service may be resumed on Monday. But then again it may not.

Comments

Popular Posts