When you go...

...will you bring back, a letter from America.

Yes, today is the last day of Brynfest, and The Horse Doctor and I have tickets to go and see Scotland's most famous twins - The Proclaimers.

Mr Stuart's lovely wife, she who must be referred to obliquely, went to school with the Reid brothers, though she doesn't talk much about it. It does have to be said that as rock stars, they leave a lot to be desired. But their music's good, and Restless Soul, the latest album, is a cracker. In fact if all you know of the band is 'I'm gonna be (500 miles)' and 'Letter from America', then you really should listen to their more recent stuff. Then again, nothing could beat the classic simplicity of 'Jean':

'Oh Jean, oh Jean, you let me get lucky wi' you.'

Of course, tomorrow, when I've recovered from standing in a field in North Wales in the pouring rain for six hours, I may feel differently.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yea! Proclaimers! I like them, although I only know the one song (500 Miles), which is considered somewhat of a "one-hit wonder" over her in the States. I'm going to try and download some other songs by them.

BTW, when is "mango" week coming up?
JamesO said…
John, your wish is my command. Mango will be this week's fruit - just as soon as I get around to changing it.

And you can listen to most of the Proclaimers stuff on their website -enjoy.

Popular Posts