Not looking for sympathy

Since I know a few people who suffer far worse than me. Barbara for one, and Mr Stuart for another. But for the last few days I've been crippled by a terrible pain in my left shoulder and back. It's easing off now, but the weekend was misery - OK standing, but sitting down was very uncomfortable and lying down to sleep virtually impossible.

Where this mysterious affliction came from I've no idea. Maybe it's some kind of karmic balance in action, to counteract my good mood from earlier in the week. Certainly I've not done anything strenuous enough to pull muscles, and I've not changed my routine overmuch either. And yet it feels like someone has stabbed me in the back and is trying to lever my shoulder-blade out of place.

So own up now. Who's got that voodoo doll of me? And could you stop sticking pins in it now. You've made your point. And jealousy's such an unproductive emotion.

Comments

Mike Ballard said…
Long ago and far away, I had some Welsh ancestors, who told me to sip on ale to cure my ills and make my days less painful. So, try it lad, raise a pint and toast your fellow Welsh of long ago, for they knew best the way to make a bloke forget his aches--no shame.
JamesO said…
Ah Mike, whilst I live in Wales, my ancestry is further North, so I've been anaesthetising myself with liberal quantities of Islay Malt Whisky - the better to sleep at night.

And I feel no shame at toasting any of the Celtic nations with beer - though I prefer to toast the sassenachs with a fork and flame;}#
According to this show in the UK about hauntings, the pain could be from ghosts trying to drain your energy. Isn't that a pleasant thought?

Popular Posts