Fringe benefits

I'm not sitting in the farm office right now. I'm not waiting for the high-speed laser printer to churn out in ten minutes what would take my little Kyocera three hours to produce. I'm not using company equipment for personal gain. Honest.

That would be stealing. Or something.

But I need a fresh copy of Benfro book one for friendly agents to send out to prospective publisher number one. I dare say they could print out a copy themselves, but I haven't made them any money yet so I'm not grumbling. And besides, my boss knows I use the office printer for my books - he just expects a free copy when it finally gets published.

Friendly agents also want a copy of Pedalling Uphill Slowly, which they think they might be able to find a publisher for. I am cautiously optimistic - so far this is sounding much better than the vanity agents.

Looks like those 404 pages have finished printing now, so I'm heading home to a bottle of Brown Brothers Tarrango - Victoria State Summer in a bottle. I think I might just have to visit the vineyard in a few weeks time;}#

Comments

Alex Bordessa said…
Hey, all this sounds very hopeful. Good luck!

btw, a while back I complimented you on your Sheep of Week feature. I wasn't joking y'know. Last weekend I camped at a site which had some ancient breed sheep - Manx Loughton, North Ronaldsay and Hebridean. They were fascinating, and one of them (the Manx) was extremely funny. Had a great time :-)
JamesO said…
I'm glad you enjoy the sheep, Alex (and not in any latex-gloved finger way - that's just wrong).

The Manx Loghtan is a particular favourite - Barbara's tried to get a small flock of them here at the research farm just to keep us all entertained. But for all out amusement, you can't beat a Dorset. We've been crossing them with Welsh Mountain Sheep here as part of an experiment in improving native breeds and they produce by far the silliest lambs.

Any credibility I might have once had as a writer has now been completely erased;}#

Popular Posts