That's a blessed relief

Today I am a much happier man.

No, I still haven't worked out who Truffaut is, but the investigation goes on. I'll make a good detective some day. But that's the subject for another blog.

At nine this morning I met up with the man from the electricity board. Since I only phoned yesterday, that in itself has got to be some kind of record. Better yet, he took one look at the problem of the wires and said they would have to move them at no cost to me or Mog!

I also met the local electrician, who as it happens is building a house nearby. Since his house is almost finished (on the outside at least) he was able to tell me all sorts of useful stuff, in particular about drains and sewage.

The field in which I plan to build my house is very damp - there will be some serious drainage work needed to get the site habitable. This much I knew a long time ago; when you live in West Wales you get used to the wet (we get ten feet of rain a year at the top of the mountain here - not inches, feet). Devil's Bridge has a problem with drainage and sewage and I had thought I might have to put in a private sewage treatment plant in the garden - or worse still a cesspit. But no, the two houses already built in this field have collection tanks, macerators and pumps which send their effluent uphill to the local sewage works. This is a much cheaper option.

So good news on two fronts. Hoorah!

It won't last, of course ;]#

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hm. Sewerage problems, oh dear! Glad you are getting it sorted. Thank goodness we didn't have to worry about that sort of thing in our dwelling house at the alma mater. It was a very civilised arrangement if you recall.
JamesO said…
Aha! Another Clue. And so our intrepid sleuth moves ever closer to the denouement, where he can reveal the true identity of the killer.Or I can make a complete arse of myself ;]#

Popular Posts