Goosed

The Horse Doctor and I are, this week, animal sitting for our near neighbours. This is not such an onerous task; they have three horses who need feeding once a day, and some ducks and geese that need to be let out in the morning, then put back in again in the evening. Payment for this service comes in two forms. The first is that I get to borrow the complete box-set of all five series of Angel, and the other is as many goose and duck eggs as are laid whilst we're in charge. Plus a bagful from last week that were going spare.

So these last few days I have mostly been making things with duck and goose eggs. Yesterday we had fresh duck egg tagliatelle, with a rather nice crab sauce courtesy of Nigella. I also had scrambled goose egg on toast, since it was cold at lunchtime. Today I've been making goose egg vanilla ice cream, which whilst very tasty is not particularly good for the diet.

Ah sod it. I'll go for a run just as soon as I can be bothered.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
Goose egg vanilla ice cream? Never had goose eggs.
Stuart MacBride said…
You'll end up all bunged up, you know that, don't you?

Better make that ice-cream prune ripple. Just in case.

Popular Posts