Snorrrk

According to research by experts, spending a half an hour a day playing a wind instrument or singing lustily can dramatically cut back your snoring.*

Now I don't believe that I actually snore at all. I think it's a malicious lie put about by the Horse Doctor and used by her as an excuse both for her morning grumpiness and for repeatedly thumping me in the course of the night. Still, I enjoy the odd toot on my penny whistle, and singing along to whatever's on itunes at the moment is guaranteed to startle the dachshund - itself a good thing.**

So in the interests of scientific experiment, I have decided that from now on I will spend at least half an hour a day practising the penny whistle or singing to the dachshund (unfortunately it's not possible to do both at once). I'm also thinking about digging out the chanter I bought the Horse Doctor for her Christmas about fifteen years ago and trying to get to grips with that. Our near neighbours have access to a set of bagpipes that I can try, too. Can anyone spell Hootenany?

I will post regular reports on my progress.

* four martinis are also effective, but expensive and not good for the liver in the long term.
** as long as it's not Kate Bush, Tori Amos or Justin Hawkins. I can't go that high anymore.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
I hope you'll keep us updated on further developments and let us know if this is effective.
Hm, could it be the Horse Doctor will refrain from mention your snore henceforth because she wants to escape the bagpipes? So the logic of the test would be all screwed up?

Popular Posts