Brilliant

The Horse Doctor came north yesterday, hooray! A week of working between the farm and Aberdeen, then we're off on our holidays, double hooray!!

In honour of this much-improved state of affairs, I went to Dundee yesterday, specifically to Sainsburys* to get something for supper. On a normal day I'll cook something nice for the evening meal - prawn risotto, chille con carne, something interesting with fish, whatever I can find good quality fresh ingredients for, really. But when there's celebrating to be done, we go down market and have pizza. Lacking a good local pizza parlour, or any kind of delivery, this means bought in pizza from a supermarket. Yes, I know, I could make my own, starting with flour, water and yeast, but it's a bit of a pain. And years of research has shown that Sainsburys pizzas are the best.

The Horse Doctor likes hers with cheese-stuffed crusts, which is odd because normally she gives the crusts to the little dog. I prefer the thinnest of bases, topped with fine prosciutto and other unseemly things like anchovies. But on entering the Sainsburys in Dundee, I was confronted with this:



Could you resist such temptation? I know I couldn't. Into the basket it went, along with a stuffed crust ham and pineapple for the Horse Doctor and several bottles of Harviestoun Brewery's famous
Bitter and Twisted ale and Schiehallion lager. There is something to be said for living in Scotland, it would seem.



Upon opening, it wasn't quite the same as the picture on the box. Instead of the haggis being sprinkled delicately over the mozzarella and tomato, it looked more like one of the poor wee beasties had been eviscerated over the pizza with a ceremonial dagger. But it cooked up nicely, and it was damn tasty too.

* they try to pretend that the Sainsburys in Dundee is in Broughty Ferry, which is where all the posh people live. But really it's in Whitfield, where all the people who burgle the posh people's homes live.

Comments

Sandra Ruttan said…
I hope you have a wonderful holiday- my, that's coming up soon!

Popular Posts