Blank

Perhaps it's the mental effort required to merge fifteen years worth of sheep performance data, recorded in several different formats, into one new database that has caused my frontal lobes to liquefy and dribble from my ears. Perhaps it's the malaise that always settles on me after at the end of a project and before I have picked up the next one. Or maybe it's the waiting for the things to happen, which is what January is all about. Whatever it is, I find my mind blank whenever it comes to the time of the day when I would normally put some pithy words of wisdom here.

It probably doesn't help that I've not been greatly inspired by anything in the news, although learning this morning that some Scottish civil servants can claim their travel to the office as part of the working day had me googling the Scottish Office website and looking for a job. Apparently they're all bolshy because their offices were relocated, and I for one wouldn't be happy if my job in Edinburgh was suddenly moved to Glasgow. But shit happens in the real world. Most private sector jobs seem to be relocating to India or Poland these days. What makes civil servants think they're so special?

Not enough to muster a real rant though.

Comments

Sheep performance data? I'm guessing that includes hoof torque, 0-60mph time and grass chewage per hour.
JamesO said…
Yeah, stuff like that. Also which one dies the quickest, and which one finds the most interesting and novel means of self-dispatch.
Stuart MacBride said…
Potato peeler - that'd be novel for a sheep. And it'd be self shearing as well. A positive boon to the industry.

But if you want to rant, what about those fuckweasels who think they deserve exemption from the law because they don't like gay people? You know you want to...

Popular Posts