Anybody lost a cat?

I know Rebus was due in for a little op, but even he would find it difficult to escape this far.

The phone rang earlier this evening; neighbours in the village had found a cat, and wondered if I knew anything about it. Quite where my reputation as the village cat expert came from, I'm really not sure. But people do strange things in extremis; it was quite possible that my neighbour didn't know anyone else who owned a cat, and so turned to me.


why do they always look like they're plotting something?

But I was nonplussed. Buddug was asleep upstairs, and besides, this lost creature was little more than a kitten. My neighbour couldn't look after it as she had a dog that observes all the usual canine clichés, including the need to chase anything that miaows.

So, saint that I am, I volunteered to look after one stray kitten whilst we all try to track down whence it came. It arrived here about an hour ago and is now trying to take over.


my new secretary


It's a tiny little thing, especially compared to the monster Maine Coon. But it's obviously been handled since birth, as it's very friendly and talkative. The top of its head and down its neck to its shoulders are a blue-grey colour, which along with the bald tips to its ears makes me think there's some siamese in the mix there. I would guess it's not much more than four or five months old, possibly younger. Right now it's giving Mortimer a hard time, which is a bit harsh, since he was here first. The dogs are quite happy to have another cat around, but Buddug is distinctly unimpressed, and the Horse Doctor is adamant it will go to the pound if the owner can't be found.


my old secretary (shown for scale - yes, that's the same computer and phone)


Right now it's helping me with my writing. I'd forgotten just how much more difficult it is to spell words correctly when something small and fluffy tries to dance on the keyboard or catch the cursor as it moves across the screen. Oh joy.


So, does anyone out there recognise this kitten? Or is anyone looking to give a home to a stray cat?

Comments

Aww, that's such a cute kitten. I hope you can keep him - in a household with several animals, what's the problem in having another wee furry? :)
JamesO said…
Where would you like me to start, Gabriele?
Sandra Ruttan said…
Aw, what a cutie!

FYI, Rebus had his operation. And the people in the vet clinic fell in love with him. They said the only trouble they had with him was that it was hard to get a heart rate, because he wouldn't stop purring!

He was lovey with everyone there, and they said they'd truly never seen a nicer cat.

So, I guess this means he doesn't quite take after his namesake, since he displayed no authority issues. ;)
Stuart MacBride said…
How come Buddug is so much bigger than Grendel then? OK, so we call her 'Little Miss' but still...

Mmm, fuzzy.
Aw you are such a sweet man. *SMOOCH* And that kitten is gorgeous.
JamesO said…
I suspect Buddug is the size she is because she was taught to eat by a dachshund. Actually, she thinks she is a dachshund - not the brightest of sparks. She's gone off somewhere in a huff - I've not seen her all day.

Sandra, I'm glad Rebus is OK - maybe he was just being nice to fool them all.

Trace, would you like it?

Popular Posts